Sunday, 1 July 2007
Another project finished! Here's a couple of photos (click to see full size) of a tatted collar from a pattern named 'Eunice' in the Lyn Morton book 'Tatting Patterns'. I used a lovely red Flora '50' thread to keep it nice and fine, and this is the largest and most complicated piece of tatting that I have done to date. I found it a little difficult and there's the odd error here and there, but I'm still very pleased with it and the finished piece is only going into my scrapbook, so it doesn't matter too much this time!
I'm still working my way through the patterns in the book and learning different things, and next Saturday I'm hoping to go to a tatting day here in Newport, so I'll report back and show some photos from that if I can.
The 'Knitting Help' forum has a monthly challenge and this month it's 'lace knitting', so on the needles right now is a 'spider web' capelet from the 'Stitch & Bitch Nation' book. I'm using some gorgeous 'Knit Picks' yarn that my lovely 'secret swapper' sent me, (Hi, secret swapper!) so I'll post some photos of it soon.